This refreshing and tempting fruit from southern Africa is a beauty booster for different reasons:
- It contains Vitamin C and Lycopene which are natural antioxidants that protect our skin from the damaging effects of free radicals—remember that free radicals cause skin oxidation and speed up the skin aging processes.
- Besides its antioxidant properties, Vitamin C promotes the synthesis of collagen which is essential to maintain skin elasticity and hydration.
- Lycopene and beta-carotene (another key nutrient) help to protect from sunburn, and beta-carotene may also help to prevent psoriasis.
- Vitamin A, also present in this wonderful fruit, repairs and renews the skin making it look healthier and more radiant.
- Watermelon beauty properties do not only act on the skin. It also contains a great deal of Citrulline, substance that increases the levels of arginine which is a hair growth booster. Moreover, it contains very few calories and a lot of water, so it helps to prevent water retention and might contribute to weight loss.
- This juicy and sweet tropical fruit contains a significant amount of Vitamin C and A that promote collagen formation.
- Potassium and Vitamin E, also present in this fruit, have great moisturizing effects.
- Although we might think that a sugary fruit like mango may not be appropriate for a person with acne, the truth is that mangos actually help to control oily and acne-prone skins. They contain Vitamin B6 and Magnesium which help to regulate sebum production, and Beta-Carotene that protects the skin from bacteria and toxins.
- Vitamin K has healing properties and helps to attenuate stretch marks, so do not be surprised if you find some topical cosmetics containing mango fruit extract.
- All these nutrients combined in this yummy fruit will not only be magnificent for your skin health but also for your immune system, heart, eyes, digestive system and hair. However, bear in mind that mango is a big size fruit and has more calories than others so enjoy from its taste and benefits but do not abuse!
- Papaya is well known for its exfoliating and lightening properties. It contains an enzyme called papain that can dissolve dead skin cells and can gradually help to even the skin tone if you apply it topically or use a papaya soap.
- As its friends above, ingested papaya is also a good source of Vitamins C, A, E, K and beta-carotene, which means it also will enhance skin moisture, elasticity and firmness.
- These ingredients combined also work as anti-aging agents as they protect our organism from free radicals.
- Papaya is refreshing, low in calories and high in fiber so it is good for your entire organism and helps to control your weight.
- You already know the saying: “one apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Well, not only the doctor but also concealers as apples will also help you to keep away dark spots and photoaging.
- They contain phenolic acids that contribute to prevent UVA (UVA= photoaging) and UVB damage (UVB = sunburn).
- Apples are also high in fiber, so they effectively promote the elimination of toxins.
- As other common fruits, they include very good antioxidant (antiaging) agents but, in the case of apples, the highest concentration of antioxidants is found in the skin, thus we recommend buying organic ones, so you do not have to peel them. Red apples have greater amounts of antioxidants than green/yellow ones.
Are tasty, fun, low in calories and incredibly high in nutrients, very good for the organism and the skin.
- Their concentrations in antioxidants are huge, they contain more Vitamin C than any other fruit, which means that their antiaging properties are remarkable. Furthermore, they include flavonoids that are powerful free radical scavengers.
- Due to their high concentrations of Vitamin C, all berries are great collagen boosters, particularly strawberries and sea buckthorn.
- Most berries, like blueberries and lingonberry contain also vitamins A, B, E and K that will promote a bright and even complexion Cranberries include a great amount of vitamin E and K and, as all the other berries, a huge amount of C.
- All berries are certainly a superfood, but there is a special one that can be even better for your skin and overall health, Sea buckthorn. This beauty comes from Asia and Europe and contains 60 different antioxidants and more than 10 times more vitamin C than oranges. Besides the common nutrients and vitamins that we find in all the other berries, this one is also rich in B1, B2, B12 and omega fatty acids. They are tricky to harvest and so it is easier to find them in the form of supplements than in their original state.
Berries are indeed a superfood, so if you do not usually eat them, you should consider including them in your diet!
And 6, 7, 8 …
All fruits include Vitamin C in different concentrations, plus other antioxidants and nutrients that will nourish and hydrate your skin so do not skip your daily dose!